A great book is…
- One that contains a simple and original idea presented with clarity and great power.
- One that connects with the reader, asserting its world directly into the reader’s mind.
- One that makes the world seem larger and more interesting.
- One written with humor and a light touch.
- One that is a realization of a complete but very different world.
-by Richard Robinson, President and CEO of Scholastic Inc
Source: Abrams, Dennis. (2012). What Makes a Children’s Book Great? We Have Some Answers. Publishing Perspectives. Available from: http://publishingperspectives.com/2012/06/what-makes-a-childrens-book-great-we-have-some-answers/